Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 1

Like so many things in a relationship, when my partner and I first started sharing a bed, we were both on our best behavior. The bed was made up religiously. Candles stood on the nightstand. We spooned regularly... And most importantly, we took care to share the covers equally.

But alas, that was long ago.

Now that we live together, all bets are off. We sweep off the crusties dragged into the bed by the two overstuffed cats and the preschooler (each of whom think the bed is theirs), crawl under the covers and often pass out before even saying goodnight. This loss of romance is hard enough without the frozen toes and tush resulting from the unapologetic sheet-stealing which has become a nightly occurrence.

None of this would be so bad if the offending party were a big enough person to admit his transgressions. But instead, I get nothing but denial and (sometimes creative) excuses. This blog is the natural response to the resulting frustration (and frozen toes). Here, I will document said cover-stealing and excuses. Nothing motivates change like public humiliation, I always say. Let's start with today's wake-up photo:

(In case you are unsure, my side is the one with no covers.)

Unfortunately, I'm sure I will have more evidence to share tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment